RCU Forums - View Single Post - DLE 65 - what’s your experience?
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2021, 10:39 PM
Chris Nicastro
My Feedback: (3)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

The 65 is back together and mounted now. Here are some pics of the work I did. I ground the exhaust port flashing and then with a tapered carbide bit I profiled the side port dividers. They have a blunt face so I gave them tapered profile to smooth out the flow. With a diamond file I smoothed out the castings edges and faces that looked a bit rough ahead of the transfer ports. Also notice the exhaust port flange with the black stripes before and after. The face is not flat so I filed and sanded the face to even it out. The pitts wrap around pipe I had on the 61 fit with no issues.
My engine mount is different from everyone else’s because of the previous radial engine installation so I kept it. It’s basically all self contained and bolts on to the front bulkhead firewall. I fixed the warped reed by replacing it with a new one. It was a larger reed so I cut and sanded it to fit and it’s nice and flat so now you can see the seal.

Next step is to cycle the battery pack and install the power unit back in the plane.