RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2 German Retailers……deaf?
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 09:01 PM
Panzerpaul

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes Eric I’m sure a lot of vendors are overwhelmed w emails, and it takes time to answer all
of them, but it seems to me that if you are conducting worldwide business from a country (which would be foreign to buyers in the USA), that the seller should be prepared to read and respond in English. Requiring that American buyers write an email in the language of the seller means for most of us that we must depend on Google Translate to provide the foreign words to put in our email and to interpret any foreign language email
response….. and we all know how unreliable that process is !!! So if a seller can’t speak English or won’t hire an employee who does, then they should only conduct business w people who speak their language and make this very clear on the front page of their website. That way, an American buyer can choose not to conduct said business w them…..or find a friend who understands the foreign language to act as an interpreter.

But of course this presupposes that said seller is willing to forgoe selling to the American market, which I believe includes more than 60% of all worldwide RC tankers. PP

PS: I hope your family members all recover fully and quickly from that accident….