RCU Forums - View Single Post - Beginner's kit
Thread: Beginner's kit
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 05:25 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Not that start with sticks and plans as far as I know. Here's someplace to look at some of the radios that are available:
Aircraft Radios | Tower Hobbies
If you have a dollar figure you don't want to exceed or a brand you would prefer, you can click on the applicable link(s) on the left side to narrow down your options a bit.
As far as battery packs, speed controllers and motors, I'm not up on those as I have nitro and gas powered boats and planes. I'm sure there are others in the forum that can help you out with those. A couple of words of caution. I know cost is an issue but don't let it be the deciding factor in what you go with. As with most things you can buy, most times cheap in price will also be cheap in quality. As far as radio gear goes, if you plan on staying in the hobby, you would be better served by spending a bit more on your radio gear so it will be usable for more than one plane and have enough channels for the features you see yourself using on later planes. For example, if you decide to build a plane with flaps and retractable landing gear, you will need a radio with at least 6 to 8 channels to make everything work. Another example would be to add ailerons to your trainer and a bomb bay door for dropping candy over kids at a party or event. Believe it or not, people do build planes with a bomb bay door for that very purpose. Just something to think about