RCU Forums - View Single Post - YAMADA YS240 CDI twin
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 02:57 AM
David Bathe

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FBW
YEP....Just like watching Electric F1........
I would rather paint the wall and watch it dry...........
Thats brilliant FBW, I know the feeling and its a perfect example of the problem:
You take something that already exists and just about reached it's pinnacle, then you take out a critical component and replace it with something that looks identical, does the same thing and yet the result is completely different.
Having driven electric cars for the past 5 years, I can categorically state that the only thing they have in common with an IC car... is the word car.
F1e on an F1 track (an arena basically unchanged for 100 years of car racing)... it's crazy.
The F1e track of the future will be more akin to something between a Scalextric and a Hotwheels track: Banks, twists, corkscrews... inverted sections. Things that can't be imagined in this interim, cross over period.
This is what happening with the F3P/F3A and the current situation. The machines (and the pilots) are far more capable than what the current arena can offer, leaving them handicapped, held back, capable of everything todays F3A can throw at them... plus SO much more.
I'd guess the worlds best pilots are the ones yawning.

Bjr', so slow the spectators start forgetting which manoeuvre they're watching. Great point.
I'd more concerned with my brain forgetting which manoeuvre I'm trying to fly!
LOL Getting older sure sucks.

Last edited by David Bathe; 06-17-2021 at 07:19 AM.