RCU Forums - View Single Post - F-16XL ARF by Global Knight Models from Global Jet Club
Old 07-13-2021, 04:49 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

Body work and primer

The plan for repainting the fuse is the same as for the nozzle, cheap, quick, using materials on hand. I rough sanded the epoxy fill in the crack and then applied two rounds of Bondo glazing putty with and artist trowel. Then block sanded with 220 grit.

Final putty sanding with 400 grit by hand. It's not perfect but it's good enough for this project. I tried to keep the putty out of the rivet circles as much as possible.

Grey primer from rattle can sprayed into paper plate and then brushed on with fine water color brush and then fine sanded. Panel lines scribed on after primer applied. I not going to worry about the rivet circles since there were not many affected.

White stripe got touched up with some rattle can white I had in the cabinet. It got sprayed on a paper plate and brushed on. It will all get a coat of matt clear when done so the white gloss will be flat in the end. Next is to mask off the white and touch up the grey and blue. I plan to use the airbrush for that if i can figure it out how to make it go again.