RCU Forums - View Single Post - YAMADA YS240 CDI twin
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 05:40 AM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by David Bathe
Nothing against YS, have a box full in the loft and still have 8 gallons of CP30% rotting in the garden shed.
And yes, they're the pinnacle of F3A IC design, like the absolutely magnificent Mallard with the pinnacle of steam powered locomotives.
But the writing was on the wall years ago and today, the YS brand has been equalled - most would say totally eclipsed - by contemporary brands dedicated to other contemporary F3A power trains.
My point, and it hurts me to say, is it's sad to see a brand that once represented the ultimate power package system, having nothing to offer the market other than small variations of a technology that has gone as far as it can go.
The posts from well meaning loyal supporters saying "if YS could come up with a counter rotating prop system.... they'd be onto a winner"... is a case in point. Hello, it's 2021.
Just to reiterate, this isn't a criticism of people that are still enjoying, competing and winning (big) using YS engines.
Interesting point of view...
"But the writing was on the wall years ago and today, the YS brand has been equalled - most would say totally eclipsed - by contemporary brands dedicated to other contemporary F3A power trains"

If YS is so outdated, has nothing to offer and totally eclipsed by electric, why are electric flyers trying to copy the way a YS flys? And trying to limit the development of YS by approaching the FAI to make rules to do just that? These things are telling a different, real world story.

Very strange that a relic IC engine can evoke so much hate and adverse reactions from those who "apparently" have dedicated contemporary power trains, that are so much better...

As for a YS contra. Why? Contras are overrated and not the answer that they were originally portrayed to be...

The following users liked this post:
apereira (08-04-2021)