RCU Forums - View Single Post - Visiting and Flying in Canada
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 06:16 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
I got briefed on this last weekend.

Before anyone starts any bashing of the AMA or even MAAC, this was caused directly by Transport Canada (their FAA) new rules
It's not anyones fault its not as simple as it once was where the USA and Canada enjoyed using the reciprocal agreement when we flew in each others airspace. This agreement was exclusive between the USA and Canada and does not exist anywhere else. The part where you must be a member of your home organization before you can apply for MAAC membership eliminates any chance of poaching and retains the integrity of the home country membership. I asked if the same would apply for pilots from other countries but I haven't received an answer yet. I know in the past traveling outside North America it was a hassle at times trying to fly legally. It would be nice if this became standard so all you needed to do was join the country of entry to legally fly anywhere in the world.

Also be aware there might be a delay between signing up and when you can fly so please contact MAAC directly before you go. I would sure hate to see someone make the effort to come on vacation or for an event and be told they could not participate.