RCU Forums - View Single Post - TopRc F4U Corsair assembly
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2021, 05:55 PM
TimD.
My Feedback: (207)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Ruizmilton
My set of formers provides dual (parallel) 1/8” birch ply spars from one retract box to the other, joined by lamination on the center

In my opinion, even those who have these planes flying need to perform this “repair” and for those who thought the was no remedy, I believe there is.

That was my thoughts exactly !! Their formers need to be made of Aircraft grade Birch 5 or7 ply. Not Poplar lite ply. This would resolve issues in the other designs as well. I would not attempt to fly it without serious modification. After assembling mine last year and getting to the weight and balance point I saw the errors in the design and to be honest lost interest in it completely . Over 5k vested in something I did not trust. This is one of 4 expensive planes that I have purchased in the past 3 years that after being assembled I will not fly because I do not trust their airworthiness.
I generally will not say anything when I have a bad occurrence, but at this point I have 15-20k in planes that will never fly due to poor manufacturing decisions.,
I own eight TopRc aircraft and am very happy with them except for the main wing spars being made of lite ply. I reinforced them with Birch ply and carbon matt. This one was just not thought out, but it is pretty.

Last edited by TimD.; 08-24-2021 at 06:41 PM.