RCU Forums - View Single Post - Diesel 4 strokes
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 08:15 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

I drilled a spray tip that fits the Ether cans and can use a straw from a can of Brake Cleaner. The Ether tips don’t fit straws and Brake Cleaner tips don’t fit the Ether can. Careful work with a drill bit in a Brake Cleaner tip and I am off to the races. I have a 16oz canning jar with a wide mouth lid that I use as a decanting vessel from the ether can. I drilled a few holes in the lid of the jar to vent the propellant off and have marked graduations on the side of the jar. I put the Ether can in the freezer for an hour score I decant it. One 7oz (by weight I think) can of ether gives about 8 fluid ounces of liquid ether. I end up doing about 10oz of ether to a quart of fuel. (30% ether by volume). I keep my mixed fuel in a sealed steel can (formerly an Acetone can) with the threads wrapped in plumbers tape. That can is then kept in 2 ziplock bags and kept in my basement (about 64°F most of the year) and it keeps just fine. I never have to top it up with ether.

I treat the liquid ether as pure ether after its decanted. John Deere is almost entirely ether with the other ingredient being the propellant.