RCU Forums - View Single Post - Assembler~Builder $
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 03:44 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Flite-Metal
This is a fairly straight forward question. The criteria is obvious in that a poorly designed model will present greater challenges and a higher charge. Answering the question doe not obligate those responding to anything. Its simple, what $ amount are you charging for assembling a typical 75" to 100" w/s jet?

This purely assembling...not making other than sheeting foam core wing and stab. This with laser cut and CNC machined finished ready to install bass wood and ply. If you do not want to disclose what you are charging in the thread you can PM your $ amount. This is for services provided within the contiguous U.S.

Ed,
i think where the confusion is coming in, is you keep referring to “assembling”, but then say you have to sheet the foam cores. Unless you have a pre-painted ARF with all the internal structures completed AND installed, you’re not “Assembling”, you are building.

With your A6, there is still much “Building” to be done outside of simply sheeting some foam cores. Your A6 is more akin to a YA F18 twin “kit” that needs built, than any composite “arf” that needs assembled… and in actuality, it requires more work as the YA kits were all presheeted.

I know you say the edf cradle will be pre-installed, but honestly, thats such a simple task that it really doesnt make any significant difference in the cost of the Building services and could potentially even cause an Increase in cost if it were to be improper to the builder/owners needs for equipment location.

Your A6 is kind of in a weird spot honestly…. The builder kits have mostly gone and been replaced with the assemblers arf. Most of the people assembling these arf’s have a known labor expectation and its easy to quote because all of the hard work is 99% done. Your A6 on the other hand is a completely different animal that will require a significant amount of discussion between the owner and a potential builder to come to an agreement on price, even for as simple as just framing it up.
The following users liked this post:
Canadian Man (10-01-2021)