RCU Forums - View Single Post - Build thread: readying the Hanger 9 mustang 1/5th scale.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:47 PM
Txmustangflyer

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts

Thinking ahead some to build completion and having to cg an 89 inch wingspan airplane. I've seen the homemade cg rigs using rope, a hook in the ciel8ng, plum bob, , and level. As well as various commercial machines.
I'm continuing to research that one. On the ESM I had help cging it. Got it close using the fingertip method, then took it to a flying buddy's shop and used a homemade cg rig he had for giant scale..I wasn't too far off on it. Just moved the rx battery a half inch forward.
This time, it's me and the wife so have been leaning towards a commercially available set up. The more I think about it, the initial outlay (a one time outlay) will make it much easier in the long run, but I need something that can fit in a small case.

https://aeropanda.com/products/cg-wizard-3-0-pro

There is that and a similar, but more expensive scale setup made in Europe. The aeropanda has its own power supply now, rechargeable, which makes it a self contained unit. Ties into a smartphone app for entry of measurements and determining cg. The latest version includes incidence and control surface deflection measuring as well.
Not bad for 250.00