RCU Forums - View Single Post - 50 days & no EC minutes? 7 days & counting to "proof?"
Old 12-08-2021, 03:04 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
As usual you are the voice of reason. Yes Franklin posting information found on public records is perfectly safe. However when he makes disparaging comments towards Tyler, makes claims the the hobby is declining due to the failure of the AMA, states that the IT department is inept etc are the comments that have the potential to stir up same legal action. The problem is that damages have to be proven and that is a tough nut to crack. Still a warn letter from the AMA legal department would be a worthwhile thing IMO. The AMA has been known to waste money though right?
Hi Speed, All I want is for our AMA to conduct itself in a manner that is seen as above reproach, and I will say that for the most part I believe they do. My vision of what the AMA should be is, as Ronald Regan so famously put it when talking about our country thirty (ish) years ago, the "Shining city on the hill" with no flaws or lapses in it's core mission, to promote model aviation to the aviation interested. A bit of belt tightening is certainly in order WRT the financial and clerical sides and TBH I'd WAY rather see an outside firm handle the elections VS the "in house" method we use today, even if such expense comes at the risk of cost cutting elsewhere, so that there can be no suspicion of impropriety in our operations. In all, I believe my term "Squeaky clean" best describes what I'd like to see to preserve a reputation that has no room for doubt.