RCU Forums - View Single Post - Scratch Build Glider Light Weight
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2021, 12:36 PM
Anthony1991

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thankyou for all your input. So what you helped me designed is infact a thermal glider? If we say for arguments sake, if I was to continue with this design for thermal gliding, I should have more ribs and look into the areas of the tail? In terms of everything else, does it seam like it would be a good flyer? I know vague question. lol. As I plan to build more than one type of glider, I would like to see this through for those days which are not as windy.

In terms of the hills near me, I have very steep hills and gradual slopes. Getting to the crest can be a little difficult as it gets very steep and you cant drive there. Most of the slopes are 3/4 of the way up the mounting. At the lower spots, the hills are gradual with some large fields with grass. The area I live is Cahir, An Chathair, Aharas, Co. Cork Ireland. We have lots of hills and cliffs 3/4 of the way up the mounting.

Thank you fro your suggestions, there are a lot of suggestion there I can borrow from.

I think the ribs were spaced 70mm in the larger plan and 35mm for the bottom plan.

I think what I will do is probably go ahead with this one for the time being and build another for another project. The plans you suggested really open up what you can build for a slope glider.

Thanks.

Aaron Moat