RCU Forums - View Single Post - Heng Long FPV "System"
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2022, 11:28 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by evan-RCU
They call it wifi and show it being received on a cell phone, so I think you are correct. BUT the VTX does look similar to ones I have that are 5.8G.
I always say NO-GO on wifi stuff. That is bunk and not worth the lag you get with our expensive tanks. Super easy to run off 5V or even Vbat and get a small 5.8GHZ AIO for less than $15 retail and put in there. Add a small $30-50 screen and you can actually use it to drive and play with, not just as a second screen. Wifi FPV is the absolute garbage of "fpv" and honestly I wouldn't put on any of our tanks just for fear of damaging something while using it. Not only that but you have to download an app from China and most of the time give it strange permissions to use as well. I'll pass on that and use good ole' analog. Its cheap, easy, and once you have a screen/googles it cost around $15 to add another camera to anything. Once you start getting a bit deeper into tanks you will see you don't want any lag on our tanks, especially ones that have momentum and inertia on them, that is a HUGE no-no with lag. We also have battlegrounds too with tight enclosures, it is a terrible idea I found. I ended up just going 5.8GHz for dirt cheap on almost all my stuff.

Just for reference the cam I speak of is here: https://www.getfpv.com/caddx-beetle-...-5-8g-vtx.html (there are lots of clones out but the beetle I found was really good for overall light handling) and you can either use a 5V regulator or find one that uses Vbat and use straight battery voltage. If you add a cheap drone board you can even do camera switching too