RCU Forums - View Single Post - ME 109 Scratch Build from Midwest Plans
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2022, 11:42 PM
search-n-destroy

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hye Flyer
That is a beautiful P40 you have there.

The P40 is my all time favorite… even as a kid in the 70’s. Then I was lucky enough when in college (80’s) our frat hired a cook… who happened to be one of the original flying tigers. He invited a few of us over to his house, his wife cooked us dinner and he got out his old flight jacket and photo album. I was very impressed. I have always had a P-40 (build a Guillows warhawk kit while at college even) and even scratch built the same only upsized the plans to accommodate a Fox .25 (vs. .049).

all that got me wanting to build profile war birds… so here i am today. LOL

I have all the ME109 ribs cut on my laser cutter… hopefully I’ll have some time this weekend to start assembly.

I am really impressed with the laser cutter… my plan is to have a library of old classic war birds from obsolete kits in my repertoire. Might even make the short kits available to others if there is an interest.
Meeting one of the Flying Tigers would inspire me too. Thanks for sharing that. My inspiration came from a made for Tv movie in the 1970's, when i was around 6 years old. About 40 years later i finally found a copy of it. 😁 Its kind of cheesy by todays standards, but to a little airplane guy it was the coolest! I want to send you a link to the movie. You may remember it. It was called "Death Race" or "State of Division"

Kevin.

https://youtu.be/issFhJbiD1U