RCU Forums - View Single Post - "Flight Of The Intruder" Grumman 1:5.5 A6 Intruder Redesign & Build
Old 03-04-2022, 06:22 PM
Flite-Metal

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Factual Color

Thanks.......Obviously saltwater still runs in your veins waterjunky :^)

This is exactly what I needed to add to my documentation binders to defend an A through F in the progression of replication. Our demo 6's are going to...as practical as possible replicate the A, E, EA, KA, and F as they actually appeared in-service...not as they rolled out of Bethpage. All three of the F's were gloss insignia white with blue stripes:

Fortunately, all but one are being painted Lite Gull over Insignia White. These always appear in gloss in every photo except a couple of KA's. One of which appears below (Oakland Aviation Museum), the one I will do as our prototype demo.

I know everything after the mid 70's was in three shades of grey. However, that only covers our KA. Everything else is Lite Gull over Insignia White. Were you beating on these when they were Lite Gull over Insignia White? I need to have an authoritative quote for both Lite Gull over Insignia White and Three Shades of Grey. Three shades is vintage '70~'71.
.................................................. .................................................. .............A
.................................................. .................................................. ................E
.................................................. .................................................. ................EA
.................................................. .................................................. ................KA.
The KA above is a place holder on our website until I find a three shades artist rendering.

Last edited by Flite-Metal; 03-04-2022 at 06:48 PM.