RCU Forums - View Single Post - Control Line videos
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2022, 01:13 AM
search-n-destroy

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kafin_noeman
Thank you for your response, Kevin.I used to build and fly C/L back then when I was in middle school (2003-2005).

It was mostly sport flying, without doing any stunts.

Fast forward to the end of 2021, I decided to start building C/L plane and fly again.

After two months of building, I’ve finally finished my SIG Banshee.

*Note: I did cut the nose back 1.5 inch as suggested, other parts are box stock.

I put:
  • OS LA-S 40 (currently remote NVA) — I’m planning to move the NVA to the venturi
  • Muffler-pressured
  • Du-Bro 4oz plastic RC clunk tank
  • APC 11x4 prop
  • Byron 5% Nitro 20% oil (50:50 castor & synthetic blend)
  • 0.015 x 60 lines

Anyway, I just did my maiden flight last weekend, and it was horrible at the beginning because I put too much tail weight. It was like a roller-coaster.

After rebalancing the plane, although it was still a bit nose heavy, the plane flew much better, more stable, and it was easier to control.

Since I only have one C/L plane at the moment, I don’t want to risk my plane and rush trying any stunt attempts without any certainty that my plane is capable of doing the stunts.
That's why I asked the questions above.

Thank you!
Glad you have returned to the hobby. The banshee is a good airplane and so is the choice of power plants. Seems like youre getting things sorted out, and yes, with only 1 airplane to fly you are smart not to fly stunts you dont know. Once you get a few airplanes in your fleet you can work your way up the ladder! Also if you havent already, join Stunt Hangar. Plenty of people to answer all your questions.
Enjoy your Banshee! 😃👍
Kevin King