Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Control Line videos

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2021, 10:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Control Line videos

Gentleman, I now have over 200 control line stunt videos on my control line channel. Please check it out. These tapes are packed with great information. https://youtube.com/channel/UCQLZOloDrMlE4LDcTwc1wvw
Old 01-08-2022, 07:31 PM

Default Update

Originally Posted by search-n-destroy
Gentleman, I now have over 200 control line stunt videos on my control line channel. Please check it out. These tapes are packed with great information. https://youtube.com/channel/UCQLZOloDrMlE4LDcTwc1wvw
There are now over 500 videos to help anyone step up their game.
The following users liked this post:
Hye Flyer (01-12-2022)
Old 03-08-2022, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you, I'll check that out!
Old 03-08-2022, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by kafin_noeman
Thank you Kafin! 👍 We now have 660 videos and adding more each day. 😃
Old 03-08-2022, 08:54 PM

Thank you Kafin! 👍 We now have 660 videos and adding more each day. 😃
The trimming videos are actually very helpful for me since I just finished building a C/L plane.
Would like to know your opinions on:
  • How do I know if my plane is good enough for stunt maneuvers?
  • How do I make sure I won’t have engine cut-off mid-air during maneuvers? Will the uniflow tank help?
  • What maneuvers should I learn first?

Thank you!
Old 03-09-2022, 12:38 AM

The trimming videos are actually very helpful for me since I just finished building a C/L plane.
Would like to know your opinions on:
  • How do I know if my plane is good enough for stunt maneuvers?
  • How do I make sure I won’t have engine cut-off mid-air during maneuvers? Will the uniflow tank help?
  • What maneuvers should I learn first?

Thank you!
First, what plane is it you built? A profile or full fuselage? A uniflow is always a better choice because you will get a more consistent engine run. Standard tanks tend to spew fuel all over your plane or start siphoning gas out of the tank as the day warms up. If its a new engine, it doesnt hurt to run a few tanks through it. The tank height if incorrect can cause the engine to flame out. At the field, its good to run a tank of fuel through it then tighten up any loose bolts before you fly it. Set the rpm slightly rich for the first flight. Get a copy of the Beginner flight pattern and start practicing the maneuvers one at a time until you move to the next. Having an experienced pilot with you also helps. Keep me posted!

Kevin
Old 03-09-2022, 01:02 AM

First, what plane is it you built? A profile or full fuselage? A uniflow is always a better choice because you will get a more consistent engine run. Standard tanks tend to spew fuel all over your plane or start siphoning gas out of the tank as the day warms up. If its a new engine, it doesnt hurt to run a few tanks through it. The tank height if incorrect can cause the engine to flame out. At the field, its good to run a tank of fuel through it then tighten up any loose bolts before you fly it. Set the rpm slightly rich for the first flight. Get a copy of the Beginner flight pattern and start practicing the maneuvers one at a time until you move to the next. Having an experienced pilot with you also helps. Keep me posted!

Kevin
Thank you for your response, Kevin.I used to build and fly C/L back then when I was in middle school (2003-2005).

It was mostly sport flying, without doing any stunts.

Fast forward to the end of 2021, I decided to start building C/L plane and fly again.

After two months of building, I’ve finally finished my SIG Banshee.

*Note: I did cut the nose back 1.5 inch as suggested, other parts are box stock.

I put:
  • OS LA-S 40 (currently remote NVA) — I’m planning to move the NVA to the venturi
  • Muffler-pressured
  • Du-Bro 4oz plastic RC clunk tank
  • APC 11x4 prop
  • Byron 5% Nitro 20% oil (50:50 castor & synthetic blend)
  • 0.015 x 60 lines

Anyway, I just did my maiden flight last weekend, and it was horrible at the beginning because I put too much tail weight. It was like a roller-coaster.

After rebalancing the plane, although it was still a bit nose heavy, the plane flew much better, more stable, and it was easier to control.

Since I only have one C/L plane at the moment, I don’t want to risk my plane and rush trying any stunt attempts without any certainty that my plane is capable of doing the stunts.
That's why I asked the questions above.

Thank you!
Old 03-09-2022, 01:13 AM

Thank you for your response, Kevin.I used to build and fly C/L back then when I was in middle school (2003-2005).

It was mostly sport flying, without doing any stunts.

Fast forward to the end of 2021, I decided to start building C/L plane and fly again.

After two months of building, I’ve finally finished my SIG Banshee.

*Note: I did cut the nose back 1.5 inch as suggested, other parts are box stock.

I put:
  • OS LA-S 40 (currently remote NVA) — I’m planning to move the NVA to the venturi
  • Muffler-pressured
  • Du-Bro 4oz plastic RC clunk tank
  • APC 11x4 prop
  • Byron 5% Nitro 20% oil (50:50 castor & synthetic blend)
  • 0.015 x 60 lines

Anyway, I just did my maiden flight last weekend, and it was horrible at the beginning because I put too much tail weight. It was like a roller-coaster.

After rebalancing the plane, although it was still a bit nose heavy, the plane flew much better, more stable, and it was easier to control.

Since I only have one C/L plane at the moment, I don’t want to risk my plane and rush trying any stunt attempts without any certainty that my plane is capable of doing the stunts.
That's why I asked the questions above.

Thank you!
Glad you have returned to the hobby. The banshee is a good airplane and so is the choice of power plants. Seems like youre getting things sorted out, and yes, with only 1 airplane to fly you are smart not to fly stunts you dont know. Once you get a few airplanes in your fleet you can work your way up the ladder! Also if you havent already, join Stunt Hangar. Plenty of people to answer all your questions.
Enjoy your Banshee! 😃👍
Kevin King
Old 03-09-2022, 11:35 PM

Kafin, one question you asked was about the engine quiting and the plane getting loose on the lines. You may know this already but when that happens to me i always back up as quickly as I can until you get your line tension back and can land safely. The Banshee is very capable of flying all the stunts in the pattern. You may want to build a simpler plane to practice stunts. Something that you dont care if it crashes. It very cool to meet a stunt flier from Indonesia too!
Kind regards,
Kevin.
Old 12-22-2022, 01:26 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

In order to run backwards quickly enough to regain line tension a person should rehearse doing that.
Seriously..it is a skill that is similar to how an outfielder does it for a fly ball that is hit over his head. He turns and runs, looking back over his shoulder...back peddling / staggering backwards aint gunna do it in most cases.
There can't be a moment of indecision and when I have failed to regain tension it was due to being caught "flat footed" both mentally and physically.