RCU Forums - View Single Post - F-16XL ARF by Global Knight Models from Global Jet Club
Old 03-29-2022, 04:52 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Yodes65
Hi Mike, yes, I mix both aileron to elevators and elevators to aileron at 40% and I find both work very well for the full flight envelope… no need to change flight modes....Yoda
Hi Yoda, Mike,

I've been using combined aileron and elevon mix from the start. It copies the full scale jet and I think it has less flight control drag than with separate ailerons and elevons, although I have no real way to measure it. See my post #207 and #212 above.

I have no idea where my current CG is. I've moved batteries around and settled on the current spot. It was nose heavy with all batteries in nose. With all the batteries behind the cockpit It flew really great but was hard to land because the nose would hang up and it did not want to descend on final. So now the ECU and one 4000 3S is behind the cockpit and the other 4000 3S is under the canopy.

I use 2 flight modes, gear up and gear down, which only increases gyro gain when gear is down for take off and landing. I rarely change rates since I can get everything I need at my low rate. Just keeps it simple for me. I don't remember the radio settings or deflection angles at low and high rates but bat turns and tail dragging landings are no problem.

Best,
Gary
The following users liked this post:
Yodes65 (03-29-2022)