RCU Forums - View Single Post - How many kits do you have right now?
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2022, 05:24 AM
psuguru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ADSala
I am very much more conservative on my model count. I have no problems moving out my old planes and kits to the market so I can upgrade to new ones. Some of you guys are RC hoarders and bragging about it? Unbelievable. Your wife's must be totally irritated with your obsessional behavior. Take your wife to a nice restaurant and movie instead of buying new planes and then buy them flowers instead so they don't complain. LOL. And please pass on your unbuilt planes to people like me, recover some cost and then travel the world, fix up your house, and clean your house of all your airplanes. What if you have a fire with all those Lipos have sitting around. Sorry to be so cynical, but one of my friends house burned down and he had close to 200 planes. Not sure how the fire was caused. BUT...

I have about 10 flight worthy models right now. Over 15 models are too much for me. I sell or trade after this. Besides, to me, it's all about more flying vs building.

My current stash:
2 balsa build kits on the shelf, 120 Seamaster and an old amphibian plane
1 Great planes 85" P-47 Kit almost complete

Current build
1 eFlight Ultimate 3D

Just finished:
Great planes .40 RV-4 (maiden flight just today)

On order:
20CC Corsair from Tower Hobbies.

Selling:
Nitro planes Yak-54 30%

Also on order a RadioMaster transmitter. Current TX is a DX8. I am becoming a hoarder myself with transmitters. I have 3 old JR transmitters and 7 JR receivers. I may have to put them into a recycle bin as they are completely obsolete and worthless. Not even worth putting on the market. Does this make you sick or what!
Clearly you don't understand the pleasure of possession.
Collecting is not "Hoarding".
Myself? I had a "Thing" for Carl Goldberg models. There was just something about the Falcon series that spoke to me when I was young and never could afford to buy one. After collecting every version of the Falcon series and the Skylark series, I now just don't have the free time I need to build or fly anything, so have sold them all.
All I have left now are a partial kit (missing undercarriage legs) of a Senior Falcon, a Mick Reeves FW190D kit from 1983, a completed Galaxy Models Mystic and a Seagull Edge 540 that I haven't got round to selling.
The Mystic was started in 1986 and finished in 2006!

Galaxy Models Mystic. Laser 90 engine, replaced later with OS FS II 91P 72" wingspan

Seagull Models SEA26 Edge 540. OS AX120 power. Perry pump.