RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 9z problem
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2022, 02:55 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

New price doesn't have a lot to do with value anymore.

You have several options; Futaba will be the most expensive, Spektrum will have by far the most options available with RTF and BNF models and literally dozens of rx's, that's why you do not get an rx with the tx except for the most expensive models. JR was out of the game for awhile and is now back but I have no experience with all their new stuff. Open source will be cheaper in most instances but there's virtually no support and you'll find your hands full learning to program that stuff but it is the cheapest in most cases.

All the options have their pluses and minuses' but I think you'd be ill served to pick one based solely on price. It's a whole new world out there since you played with RC "Toys" and there's lots to learn. Spektrum, will have by far the most options in both radio stuff and the models. Their CS is among the best you'll find even though you'll find complainers on the forums. NOBODY has the number of RTF or BNF models you'll find at Spektrum and Eflite.

Best suggesting I think, is to find out what kind of equipment the guys at your local clubs use as you WILL need help going forward for awhile. Also, you should be able to get a chance to hold a number of different tx's. This is very important; some tx's will fit your hands like gloves, others will feel like you're holding a couple of overweight bricks with switches you cannot reach.

Good luck.......