RCU Forums - View Single Post - Just put together a Seagull Boomerang with .46 cu.in (7.45cc) engine.
Old 07-07-2022, 01:06 PM
2W0EPI

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Just put together a Seagull Boomerang with .46 cu.in (7.45cc) engine.

Hi Folks,

Just thought I'd mention my buying rc planes and equipment has measured up. The first thing with the Boomerang 2 is nothing fits, everything is a struggle vague instruction manual etc just hard going, Also, the servo tray wooden cut outs were not the right size, I had to shave 2mm of plywood depth and you can't use a file because of constraint spaces.

I would say the most heart dropping episode happened when I had to match up and drill 4 holes in the engine mount(nylon), also when I completed the build today the trike system wouldnt balance so I ended up having to fit a tail dragger wheel to its back end, which was very challenging, it took me 1/2 a day to sort out.

However, despite having many issues the quality of finished model is quite good, I rejected rtf(electric) as being too easy, My engine choice was a Force .46 cu.in, about the best bang for buck. I'm already thinking of going 2 stroke gas/petrol as this would halve the fuel costs for a slight reduction in performance and possibly an alternative second battery?