RCU Forums - View Single Post - Just put together a Seagull Boomerang with .46 cu.in (7.45cc) engine.
Old 07-10-2022, 10:01 AM
2W0EPI

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Telemaster Sales UK
Have you already bought your radio? If not it would be a good idea to visit several clubs near to your home, to join the club you like the most and to buy the same make of radio which the instructors are using on their trainers.
Well, I have bought and chosen the Futaba 6l sport, it is with out doubt that Futaba know there stuff?, so originally I figured out only 4 channels is all that is needed to fly a nitro plane, so I further figured that 'what I lose on the roundabouts we gain from the swings' which means pile all the unnecessary channels together, buying the 6 channel Futuba 6l has given me one channel extra(not in use), so why do I need 10 or 16 channels seems like what the hell are trying to formulate or control there? The other f6l factor is it does not have a digital display, typically a 128x64 lcd screen whereby all the switches are done with menu's yes/no decision push buttons, you pay for this convenience, at your finger tips, the F6l is simple and easy to learn. I can further get potentially stable level flight with free sticks, except to the throttle which will be approx. centre stick travel.I can then fine tune my level flight with f6l sport using its available up or down sliders( I think they are just zero adjustments.?)

Incidentally, my F6L does have 'instructor' jack socket on its back rear.

Last edited by 2W0EPI; 07-10-2022 at 10:30 AM.