RCU Forums - View Single Post - Model Aeronautics Association Canada (MAAC) to ground members
Old 01-02-2023, 12:31 PM
S1Pitts
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

combatpigg - No vaccination stamp of any type required to fly r/c.

The general maac membership were informed of the grounding through the regional zone directors or their assistants by email if the memeber had one on record..Club presidents were contacted directly in order to spread the knowledge of the mandate through the clubs in a timely manor..

I have no doubt there are more rogue drone pilots operating drones in restricted areas than all of MAAC and AMA members conbined. My realtor came over when listing my house for sale last year and did an aerial video of the house and neighbourhood which was located well within a airport no fly zone. I asked him after seeing the video in the listing if he was a qualified drone pilot, etc and he asked why? His drone was well over the 250gram limit and he had no knowlege of any restrictions or regulations to use it..
I believe these guys are more of a danger to air traffic than organized modelers who have an inkling.or two about flying safely.