RCU Forums - View Single Post - Vintage Servo Question
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2023, 11:08 AM
Bigdipper99

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Vintage Servo Question

I'm just getting into the RC hobby and am in the process of building my first plane, a SIG Kadet Mark II. I'm trying to do it on a budget and a couple of weeks ago I picked up a complete vintage (1980s? ) Futaba "Conquest" six channel system at an RC flea market for $20, The outfit has the radio, receiver, four S 148 servos, batteries, charger and other misc. parts with most of the stuff appearing to be lightly used or unused, still wrapped in plastic. I've reached the point in the construction of the wing where its time to install the aileron servo in the wing. However, I've noticed that the top of the servo extends above the bottom of the wing. The wing will be installed on top of the fuselage and the servo will be out of sight. However, I'm concerned that the servo could possibly interfere with other servos, linkages or equipment within the fuselage. Am I reading too much into this and seeing a problem that doesnt exist? Can wing servos extend beyond the skin of a wing? Thanks, John