RCU Forums - View Single Post - Carf rebel pro
Thread: Carf rebel pro
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2023, 04:40 AM
sewbusy

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Agrav8ed
Thanks for the info Dansy. I have really big hands and have been curious if I will have a problem getting the wing nuts on.
Has anyone else used this cover method to mount the aileron servo's? I remember that this is how the servo's were installed on my Rebel classic. Is this enough for the Pro? The aileron screws look like it's going to be a pain to get in.
Thanks,
Tone
I agree with Russell above regarding tossing the CARF servo screws. The Phillips head is difficult to tighten and if "rounded" will be a whole different kettle of fish! I also used allen head 2.5m screws for the servos. If Dansy's solution on the door appeals to you, then going by its actual use in-flight without any problems may be an option.

I used the CARF ball link on the aileron horn and different ball link (without the built-in standoff) on the servo arm. Since the servo was a little off-set, I placed the ball link on the side that would bring the travel closer to straight. It really is not straight, but close enough where the ball will swivel a little.I did have to open up one side of the cover's slot so that the servo arm would have free travel. I used a 1.25" servo arm which had a bolt lock on the back of the arm to ensure a secure fit on the servo output spline. I also used the 3mm rod that CARF sends, but I added carbon fiber outer shaft glued with AeroPoxy.
Wayne

The following users liked this post:
Skunkwrks (04-10-2023)