RCU Forums - View Single Post - Well spent members' money...
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2023, 05:10 AM
aymodeler
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Really though, how much effort should be placed on an aspect that 99% of the membership couldn’t care less about. Aside from my emphasis on competition, I consider myself a typical AMA member. I come to this conclusion by not only knowing many members but as a member of 44 years. Keeping that in mind, my major concern is that I am able to join that provides me with recognized liability insurance that is accepted by my home clubs and any other AMA clubs that I may wish to visit. Beyond that, I really don’t care. I’m not alone in that view, not by a long shot. The average guy accesses the AMA web site once a year, to renew their membership.
I tend to agree that the average club member is not likely to engage with the AMA website that often. But I do think that communicating through contemporary platforms is a huge missed opportunity for the AMA. If the AMA wants to attract new/younger members (as it needs to do), then it needs to be present and active in a compelling way in places where those prospective members are. Platforms like TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, etc. just like FlitTest is. A website will remain a critical part of that communications platform, but only to back up and support the other platforms. Facebook is still important, but really only for us old farts and is almost totally ignored by anyone born after 1990 (pretty much only used to post pics of the grandkids for us boomers to see).

IMO, the issue that needs to be discussed is how the AMA is using technology to promote the hobby, not some minor glitch (that was probably resolved well within hosting company's uptime SLA anyway).