RCU Forums - View Single Post - first KT45 run
Thread: first KT45 run
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2023, 05:48 AM
Thoemse

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KWK
Hi

what about running turbine without blades ? is it allowed ? not sure if it's a good idea to run gearbox without a load
I own the KT-800 for a while now and my first very short run was without main blades and i had no issues. I picked a low RPM setting and I had tail blades installed. That way there is load on the gearbox. Not much but not much less than spooling up with the blades at zero pitch.

I store the heli horizontally btw. I do not use any of the TEST functions. You definatly do not need the test pump function unless you completely dry the fuel system everytime wich doesn't seem very practical.
I fly my heli down to about 1/3 to 1/4 of the main tank usually. This is how I put it onto the shelf. Next flight I fill it up and go fly. Other then going through the typical RC heli routine (checking for loose screws, slop in the linkages) there is really not much to it. The KT-800 isn't harder to handle than your typical electric heli.

Calling the manual frugal is quite the understatement unless you found one. Mine came in a box without any instructions. I picked the manual of a regular KT G4 turbine and went from there. If you have an actual manual I'd be interested.

Last edited by Thoemse; 07-12-2023 at 05:51 AM.