RCU Forums - View Single Post - Super ringmaster
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2023, 07:24 AM
AJ Sun

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts

Hey Donnie man. Ya I guess I could do a tracing of all the parts really the wing is no different than the Ringmaster 35. It's 42" inches long no flaps. And the fuselage is built up I can trace all the parts. For ya pretty straight forward kit. It also offers parts for an electric conversion. Question? how will you power it. Nitro or Electric? Never did a Sterling Super Ring.Master, so I never seen the Sterling Kit. But at McCord AFB a couple guys were flying and building the Suoer. My Flight Engineer mentor. Flew one and let me have a turn. The pull was greater than my Ringmaster 35, his Super was powered with a red head McCoy 35. This kit I am building is pretty lite. Kinda disappointed in the balsa. So I am doing a few improvements. And reinforcements. I ordered a few weight boxes from Brodak a 2.5 Oz Stunt Fuel tank. It has a Perfect 3 inch bell crank. Came with the kit and J bolts for the landing gear. I will trace the gear also. . 2 inch dubro wheels came with the kit.the standard ringmaster tail skid. I added a tail wheel and cut a hole and filled it with BBs to get it balanced. That was on my Standard Ringmaster. I don't know about the Super and how the balance will work out. Right now I am planning about 3 inches from my leading edge of the wing. Like a touch nose heavy in my U Controls. Any way that's the latestAJ