RCU Forums - View Single Post - Winter or Summer blend diesel fuel for turbine?
Old 11-30-2023, 03:15 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by AEROSHELDON
When you guys say Kero do you mean like from Home Depot or from a fuel station pump?
No Jet A in automotive fuel pumps. As mentioned, you could tell by the smell immediately.

Buying Kerosene from Home Depot is a very expensive option. While Kerosend pumps at gas stations are relatively common in the midwest/south, just head to Joe Nall if you do not believe that, you will not find any of them in our neck of the woods, the Rocky Mountains. Nor will you find tinted Kerosene, there is tinted fuel for farmers but it's just tinted diesel not Kerosene.

You can find bulk plants in a lot of places but they are not common. The county I used to live in about 30 miles south of SLC and a population of about 300,000 only had one that I ever found. When I moved to southern Utah, the county only has a population of about 100,000 and it too has only one bulk plant and it took me awhile to find it. The price tag a these places for Kerosene, tends to run about $1.00 a gallon over diesel which is a WHOLE lot better that buying five gallon cans from Home Depot or the like.