RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lanier RC 84" Stinger
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2024, 03:31 PM
erans

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Bren,

Thank you for your kind comment.
As to weather I find the old designs and kits superior to current ones, yes, I am. First of all, they were designed by builders for builders. The best feature of these older designs is the quality of the plans. Many of the current CAD designed offerings are designed by computer operators whom never actually put an aeroplane together. The plans do not have grain direction, wood type symbols or logical assembly steps. The best example is the awful Beaver kit by Moustache Model Works (Moustache 20cc DHC-2 Beaver Build)... The other side of the coin are the excellent kits by Balsa USA (for example) which demonstrate that it is still possible to manufacture high quality kits.

I have a small collection of "vintage" kits waiting to be built, for some of them I was waiting years for the opportunity to purchase them as they became rare to find and these days very expensive to ship.
I am at a point in the next two weeks that I will have to make a decision which kit to build next. 1st world problems : )

Cheers,
Eran
The following users liked this post:
G.F. Reid (05-06-2024)