RCU Forums - View Single Post - B&B Super smoke system question
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2003, 03:28 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: B&B Super smoke system question

Ok, you're all set then (tapping the crankcase is the trickiest part).

Here's what you need to do:

You need two sizes of tubing, One is standard fuel line (If your smoke fuel will be petroleum based, your tubing must be compatable). The other, I believe is 3/8". The large tubing can be gotten at most hardware stores. Bring the pump with you to match size.

You will also need 2 reducers (available at Auto Part store) to go from the 3/8 (?) tubing to the standard size. Again, bring a sample of each tube to match sizes.

My last drawing left out the on-off valve (I knew I was forgetting something). So here is a newer version.

As far as servo throw, you have plenty of room for error. The valve must move only about 3/8", but it can move much more with no ill effects. See pic 2.

I use a 10 oz tank, and it is enough for an adequate amount of smoke per flight. Using some type of restrictor is a must, because too much flow will cool the muffler and won't smoke properly. By having a means of constricting the flow, you can adjust it for the right amount, which will also make your oil last much longer.

PS I no longer have my directions, but as I recall, they weren't much help at all.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70233.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	81291   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av70096.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	81292