RCU Forums - View Single Post - !@#$%^&* TurboCAD
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2003, 07:24 PM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: !@#$%^&* TurboCAD

Joe,
The problem (I think) in the first question is that you probably are zoomed out a little (or not zoomed in enough) and are selecting the wrong end. When I've had this problem, I just zoomed in A LOT. Then it was easy to select the stub you want and the trim to line. On the second question, select the line, poly line, spline or what have you and right click. Do EDIT NODE. You add a node any place you want on a line by holding down the keyboard control key and clicking where you want the new node. You may not need to do this if its already a spine line which it may be if you imported it from prolifi and its a curved line. When you select edit node you see all the node verticies with a rotational select point. If I were you I would experiment with a test line first. Draw a spline line and finish it using right click. (You will see finish line there). Then do edit node and move the rotational points on the nodes. Then it will be obvious what they do. I use these to fine tune a curve on fuse formers. Once the nodes are correct, you break a line by selecting it (make sure you are not in edit node mode)
and search along the top menu bar and look for the EXPLODE command. That disassociates all the nodes from each other on a selected object so you can select an individual segment for deletion.
Other ways to shorten or lengthen a line is to use snaps. I rely mostly on snaps because that garuntees corners meet. Thats another discussion. Dont want to give you data overload yet!!

CLEAR AS MUD???

Edwin