RCU Forums - View Single Post - !@#$%^&* TurboCAD
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2003, 12:10 PM
DICKEYBIRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: !@#$%^&* TurboCAD

Hmmm, I use an earlier version and when dealing with trimming, meet 2 lines, etc. problems it's usually because I haven't "exploded" the entity.

As far as the gaps for holding the parts onto a sheet w/CNC, I use the Perpendicular Double Line tool set at .150" spacing and place them at 4 to 6 places around the rib. (.150" works nice with my .055" cutter) I use the trim command to remove the unwanted portion between the lines and then delete all the double lines. One quirk though is that when trimming the unwanted portion, it sometimes deletes only half of it and leaves a tiny little dot in the center. Make sure and delete those as well or your .dxf/G-Code utility will dutifully try to cut that entity as well, slowing the process down even more.

Even more confused now? [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

ps: Doesn't Profili allow you to add spars before exporting the .dxf? I'm a firm believer in CompuFoil (happy user since '98) because it allows almost unlimited options when designing your wing & ribs. It minimizes the time spent with CAD/CNC issues.