RCU Forums - View Single Post - Steering Problem, Maybe?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2004, 10:03 PM
Baroncowboy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Steering Problem, Maybe?

Hey guys.... Anyhow about the Savage steering problems.... I work at a local hobby shop and have had the cahnce of running about ten of these guys bran-spankin new...So anyhow about the steering setting still deal... The savage's standard servo really has no torque from the get go and would be one of the first things I would replace... The reason that the wheels dont turn while setting still si because the truck has to much traction with all 11.5 pounds of weight pushing down... So what happens in return is that the servo saver is taking all the pull of the servo,being the fact that the stock servo saver is pretty lose for just this reason....I put futaba metal gear servos in the steering unit,and go with a stiffer servo saver...The reason for the stiffer servo saver is the fact that it handles more precisely and the metal gear servo can take that kinda punishment... The two other things that I recomend changing imediatly is the stock shocks with alluminums since Ive seen a few stocks bust at the seam and leak everywere not to menchen having weak springs...The next thing I would concider going with is getting some aluminum upper A-arms since they'll most likely be the first thing
you'll break when you land hard sideways... Other than that I will take me a good ol Savage over a decked out T-maxx any day!