RCU Forums - View Single Post - T-Maxx 2.5 or Savage 2.5? Help me out...
Old 01-09-2004, 12:43 AM
MitchT/Emaxx1989

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T-Maxx 2.5 or Savage 2.5? Help me out...

i would strongly suggest either trucks. i have had both trucks so what i am about to say will be my experiences not biassed opinoins. i have had a t-maxx and it was good stock but i wanted to make it better. i have loads of money into it and i have never broken one single stock part except for a stock rear bulkhead which i broke yesturday attemting a double backflip. the savage is way better than the t-maxx stock but i got rid of the savage because i had to get rid of one truck because i needed money and my t-maxx was already the way i wanted it the savage had a long way to go. remember the way i want my truck may be different then the way you may want yours to be. if i had no truck and had to choose one now it would be the savage easily. but if i wanted to upgrade the truck heavily i would deffinetly choose the t-maxx. its all a matter of opinion if you want a good stock truck get the savage but if you want to heavily upgrade it the t-maxx is a better choice dont listen to all this crap about bad drivelines and other parts. they truck wasnt made to handle the bigger engines it says so in the manual and movie that comes with it. it says that any modifications to make the t-maxx faster may cause breakage to drivelines and other parts. so dont complain when you throw a fantom .18 in your maxx and you twist a driveline in half. it wasnt made for it. but it does have huge potential to be anything you want it to be if of course you have the extra cash laying around