RCU Forums - View Single Post - GP DR-1 Fokker set up & sugestions?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2004, 10:00 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: GP DR-1 Fokker set up & sugestions?

The plane is very elevator sensitive at speed. You can adjust the LG wing to be at 0 or slightly negative VS the almost -10 negative to help. Use lots of expo and a little less elevator throw than that shown in the manual. I would recommend a digital servon on the elevator also. It tends to hunt due to sensitivity in the centering of the elevator. If you do a loop it will tend to climb after the loop, a dive and it will try to dive slightly with neutral elevator. Make sure you put some wing tip skids on it. No matter how good you are the wing tips are going to scrape the ground. Typical senario is after perfect landing especiall if a wheel landing, wheels hit a small hole or rock, the wings then rock back and forth increasing till a wing tip scraps the ground, the wings then rock back and forth till the plane slows down. Adding rudder during the wing rocking will not steer the plane, in fact it may go the opposite direction as rudder causes the wing tip to dig into the ground deeper and then the plane swings toward that tip. So I learned not to land too close to the flight line as it always seems to veer toward it when near it, and away from it when not.

The most important thing is not to use the CA hinges on the rudder. Mine tore off and the plane spun in. One of these days I'll get around to rebuilding it. It's an impressive and fun aircraft to fly. The small loops and tight turns are impressive.