RCU Forums - View Single Post - T-Maxx 2.5 or Savage 2.5? Help me out...
Old 01-14-2004, 03:39 PM
diveriter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T-Maxx 2.5 or Savage 2.5? Help me out...

While I am BRAND NEW to the Nitro R/C world, I am buying my 1st Nitro truck Friday. I have been looking & reading now for like 6 weeks. I have a LHS that has 2 locations. They gave 2 different recommendations. 1 said T-maxx the other Savage. I lucked out though. Either way it was going to be well over $500 for either truck & accessories. The guy @ the LHS that recommended the T-maxx had his race buddy that is selling his T-maxx. The only things NOT changed over to AL. or Ti, are the F/R bulkheads, pumpins & the trans case. He's including stick radio/receiver, upgraded metal servos, batteries, chargers & 3 bodies for the same $500. Even all 8 shocks are the piggyback shocks. The motor is a brand new/never cranked 2.5 w/a larger head. From what I have read this is a really good buy. I haven't seen another set up like this, this cheap before. The other main reason I didn't go w/the Savage was parts & part availability. I went to 6 different LHS here & none of them had enough parts (even OEM replacement) for the Savage. I looked for T-maxx parts & they had just BOAT loads of OEM & AM. That's my reason for my choice. We'll see come Sat morning.