RCU Forums - View Single Post - GP DR-1 Fokker set up & sugestions?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2004, 12:09 AM
zonker123
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: GP DR-1 Fokker set up & sugestions?

Balance the plane toward the front of the suggested CG. it will fly much better. It will do very tight inside loops, but outside loops are a no no. Flies so so inverted but leave room to roll out cause it will not pull out with an outside loop unless you are full throttle with a .91 on the nose. It actually rolls pretty decent and you can do continuous rolls and even rolling cirlcles . Does excellant flat (rudder) turns but don't get too slow cause it likes to pitch nose down with lots of rudder application. Plane will knife edge. Mine will snap to the left but not to right very well. Does excellant spins and recovers quickly, makes a really neat whoosing noise as it is spinning and falling. I agree with the post concerning using a good digital servo on the tail, centers the elevator better. Put some thread locker on all the cabane and interplane strut mounting screws and check them every couple of flights. DO NOT use the Great Planes hinge material, buy some Radio South CA hinges, they are much better. The GP hinges will fail, usually the mylar and the weave seperate.

take care
zonk