RCU Forums - View Single Post - 31% aeroworks Edge 540T - DA-50 or G62?
Old 01-18-2004, 11:10 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: 31% aeroworks Edge 540T - DA-50 or G62?

ZDZ 80

Guy at our club flies the Aeroworks 31% Edge 540 ARF with this engine. Now, keep in mind that we fly at 6000' above sea level. Air is thin. Engines loose power and planes fly mushy in thin air and they land hot because you gotta fly it faster to keep it going in this thin air.

Plane weighs 21.5 pounds.

Flies like nothing I've ever seen before. He just loafs along at 1/4 or 1/3 throttle and does anything he wants to. Plane flies light on the wing-which is impressive considering the thin air at this altitude. Most planes will have to fly faster at this altitude and land hot. Not this plane. It comes in at a crawl and settles in for a 3-pointer every time.

He can pull vertical at 1/4 throttle and go straight up and do multiple vertical snaps and it just keeps going up at 1/2 or 5/8 throttle. When I say "multiple snaps" I don't mean 2 or 3. I mean he can snap it and then go up and then snap it again and then go up and then snap it again and just keep going for as many as he wants or untill it gets so small you can't see it.

I've never seen him go full throttle for more than about 3 seconds once. He pointed it straight up at just over an idle and then hammered the throttle and it shot up like it came out of a friggin' cannon.

Thats what I'd do if I was going to build that plane.