RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spad3d Questions
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2004, 08:49 PM
novabill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spad3d Questions

Go as slow as you can while keeping it in the sky. I am an optomist like yourself here's my story. Bought a slo poke had an instructor fly with mee first time out. Flew 2.5 more times myself (3 takeoffs, two landings and 1 collision with a tree). Bought a dazzler and had the instructor fly it. Went back out .5 flights (1 takeoff and 1faceplant on final). Built a tufflight and never flew it consistently. I then built a spa3d and it never flew right. I then built #2 and wow with dual rates and some expo, it was great. It does'nt right itself like a trainer but set up slightly nose heavy it was verry docile. I always felt comfortable flying it and eventually inched the CG back to 7" and it hovered itself. #2 is now retired and #3 is almost done and I'm sure I'll feel the same way about her. The moral of the story is I was'nt ever afraid to fly it and that's probably why I flew it so well.

If you are not afraid to fly/crash it, hell yeah build one. You are gonna crash no matter what you fly. You might as well crash a spad.

As you can see, my opinion on the SPA3D is totally bias. I will always have one and recommend them wholeheartedly.

William