RCU Forums - View Single Post - TNX or Mad Force
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2004, 08:04 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TNX or Mad Force

ORIGINAL: mrhappyman

It does come with a motor you idiot wizen...go to the CEN site and read a little before posting.
Ok let me talk out of experience here unlike everybody else in this post.

The TNX is basically Tamiya's Terra Crusher, with a fixed engine problem, full plate chassis, and forward only tranmission. They also reduced the weight MAJORLY (by 4 pounds) with out sacrificing ANY durability. The truck is actually more durable now, as big as the MGT, and alot, lot faster. (40+ MPH). The engine is also an OS, which will last you a long, long time. I'd highly recommend this without a doubt.

Now, the Mad Force. My friend actually just purchased this and had me build it for him. VERY NICE TRUCK! I love the layout for something new, and the transmission sounds awesome when its running. The only complaint I have is the steering assembly, all the cranks and dudads really rob power out of the servo. My friend just put a 645MG Hitec in today, and it still has a problem turning the wheels while on the ground with a 6V pack. There are upgrades you can buy to fix this though that moves the steering servo. The big bonus to the Mad Force over the TNX is its already a big block, and I must say, the GS21 is the EASIEST ENGINE I have ever broken in. even the stupidest person could get that thing running

Both of these trucks are very fast, and fun to drive. Each will equal out the about the same cost when you factor in what you need to get the madforce RTR. Just depends what you want, straight axle rock climbing or a racer design that will SMASH the savage and Tmaxx on a track (I've done it with a Terra Crusher so the TNX will be that much better).

Now these guys will argue my points, but neither know anything bout these two trucks One is a CEN Fanatic, other is a stubborn stubborn person who has to be right, not going to say whos who If you have any questions about these two or other trucks ask, I have actual experience with these things :P

Get whatever makes you happy, get it! hope this helped somewhat.