Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

TNX or Mad Force

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 08:50 PM
Killuav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TNX or Mad Force

I'm plannig to get a either TNX or Mad Force, which is better??Other recommendations are welcom
Old 01-28-2004, 09:12 PM
mecky33

Default RE: TNX or Mad Force

You may want to check out the Cen Fun Factor MT2. Its an inexpensive, durable truck. Cen is a great company with a awesome tech support and customer service. The MT2 is a 1/10th scale four wheel drive with .16 CI engine. It comes stock with a two speed transmission and is shaft driven. If you want more info on the Cen MT2 go to www.cenracing.com or let me know.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:51 PM
popa71

Yo mecky getting a little tired of this mt 2 crap. Did he say he was broke and could not afford one of the high end trucks!!!

Killuav
out of the 2 I like theMad Force its got a very unique disign, Three speed, chain driven and is very fast. If you swaped out that stock engine and put a high end engine in it that thing would really move. The TNX looks like it might be tough to upgrade to a big block without some serious modification.

But personal I would go with a Savage 25, a Mammoth or an MGT or maybe even a GS Storm truck . All of these would be great trucks for the track or bashing.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:10 PM
mecky33

Popa, he asked for other opinions right? Well I am giving him one. And just because the MT2 is not five hundred bucks doesn't mean its not a good truck. Have you ever run a Cen vehicle? If you have maybe you would respect them a little more. If you do not like me talking about the MT2 or any other Cen vehicle you could always find another forum, or just not read what I have to say. But hey, thanks for sharing your opinion on all of the great trucks that you would recommend.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:28 PM
popa71

Nothing wrong if you like the Cen trucks but that looks like the same post I keep reading from you on every thread. Is that the only truck you have ever run!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2004, 10:38 PM
mecky33

It is the only nitro I have run, I had two AE RC10s a few years back. And how much can I change up a post about a truck. I am trying to give enough info for someone to get an idea of the truck. Its not a big contender in the market, and I am trying to help change that by letting people who are in the market for a truck know that there is a truck that is just as good as its competitors but not as much.
Old 01-29-2004, 12:23 AM
mrhappyman

Yea popa calm down dude...he is just trying to help and that post really really helped me too. I want a nitro 4wd monster truck but most are too expensive and that CEN is kick @$$!!! Thanks mecky, i really appreciated your post. Do you know where i could find a link to buy one?
Old 01-29-2004, 02:31 AM
Vintage_Duff

mad force is good and its a different design
Old 01-29-2004, 08:08 AM
mecky33

Happy, you can get them from www.ehobbies.com. they are selling them for 280 right now. And I am glad my post helped you out. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:13 AM
rcblaze

The Mad Force is a really nice truck.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:50 AM
Killuav

I appreciate u guys recommendation, actually i was goin to get the Mad force b4, but Tamiya comes up with a OS engine on the TNX, and is quite attractive, however, i love the design on the MAD FORCE so much, plus, i'm a kyosho freak. Most people recommend the Savage 21, but that's too expensive, but i wil conciderfor getting a second hand, if i get it. Compare to the Mad Force, which is better??Like some special features that others don't have.....also is Mad Force has a good potential to upgrade??
Old 01-29-2004, 10:52 AM
Killuav

Mecky:

Can u upload some close up pic of CEN for me, I wan to have a look on it, thx[8D]
Old 01-29-2004, 10:58 AM
mecky33

Go to my gallery, there are some there, and there are some here http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Well...1471659/tm.htm

Just scroll down. I apologize for the lack of an engine in that thread, but Cen is doing some work on it for me. If you have any more questions let me know.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:31 PM
remten2001

Ya and its so much of a good truck that there is no engine in it?
Old 01-29-2004, 01:59 PM
mecky33

Wizen, due to poor care by the previous owner of my truck, the engine needed to be repaired. And I would have dealt with the engine the way it was, but it got so bad that I couldn't start it. But, I have been running the engine even with problems since october, and it ran pretty well. The Cen truck and engine can take quite a bit of abuse before it starts to show. and a rebuild kit for the engine is only thirty bucks, so even if you mess it up you can rebuild it five times before you reach the cost of a new engine.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:38 PM
mrhappyman

It does come with a motor you idiot wizen...go to the CEN site and read a little before posting.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:04 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: mrhappyman

It does come with a motor you idiot wizen...go to the CEN site and read a little before posting.
Ok let me talk out of experience here unlike everybody else in this post.

The TNX is basically Tamiya's Terra Crusher, with a fixed engine problem, full plate chassis, and forward only tranmission. They also reduced the weight MAJORLY (by 4 pounds) with out sacrificing ANY durability. The truck is actually more durable now, as big as the MGT, and alot, lot faster. (40+ MPH). The engine is also an OS, which will last you a long, long time. I'd highly recommend this without a doubt.

Now, the Mad Force. My friend actually just purchased this and had me build it for him. VERY NICE TRUCK! I love the layout for something new, and the transmission sounds awesome when its running. The only complaint I have is the steering assembly, all the cranks and dudads really rob power out of the servo. My friend just put a 645MG Hitec in today, and it still has a problem turning the wheels while on the ground with a 6V pack. There are upgrades you can buy to fix this though that moves the steering servo. The big bonus to the Mad Force over the TNX is its already a big block, and I must say, the GS21 is the EASIEST ENGINE I have ever broken in. even the stupidest person could get that thing running

Both of these trucks are very fast, and fun to drive. Each will equal out the about the same cost when you factor in what you need to get the madforce RTR. Just depends what you want, straight axle rock climbing or a racer design that will SMASH the savage and Tmaxx on a track (I've done it with a Terra Crusher so the TNX will be that much better).

Now these guys will argue my points, but neither know anything bout these two trucks One is a CEN Fanatic, other is a stubborn stubborn person who has to be right, not going to say whos who If you have any questions about these two or other trucks ask, I have actual experience with these things :P

Get whatever makes you happy, get it! hope this helped somewhat.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:06 PM
caseyddr

ORIGINAL: popa71

But personal I would go with a Savage 25, a Mammoth or an MGT or maybe even a GS Storm truck . All of these would be great trucks for the track or bashing.
Gonna say this before popa tries to kill me again also, All these are good trucks, but DO NOT get the MGT. biggest waste of money you will ever drop 500$ on. Also, the GS Storm is more of a truggy, not a full blown monster truck, but good none-the-less! Sorry I forgot to add this popa, now yell at me as you wish hahaha
Old 01-29-2004, 08:08 PM
azrctruck

mecky its all you know cen products. Just come out clean and admit that work for them. Every post I see you pushing the cen product. Cen products are not the best. I was shopping for a stadium truck a couple of moths ago and one of the guys that race for cen recommended to stay away from them. He mention that parts are hard to get and the spur gear keeps going out.I think we are all getting very tired of you recommending cen to everyone
Old 01-29-2004, 08:10 PM
caseyddr

ORIGINAL: azrctruck

mecky its all you know cen products. Just come out clean and admit that work for them. Every post I see you pushing the cen product. Cen products are not the best. I was shopping for a stadium truck a couple of moths ago and one of the guys that race for cen recommended to stay away from them. He mention that parts are hard to get and the spur gear keeps going out.I think we are all getting very tired of you recommending cen to everyone
In Mecky's defense, the guy did ask for opinions on other trucks. Even though the CEN FF MT2 isnt the best, neither was my Terra Crusher, but I loved it none the less. Its also his only nitro so he hasn't seen what else is out there Lay off man!
Old 01-29-2004, 08:15 PM
azrctruck

one thing is to recommend a vehicle and another is to advertise . I almost feel like he advertises cen vehicles.
Old 01-29-2004, 11:23 PM
mecky33

AZ Ok, you asked. NO I DO NOT WORK FOR CEN! I am in the USCG and work full time protecting your coastline from terrorists and drug dealers. I do push the Cen because it is a good product from a small company that offers more for less than anyone else. I have only run Cen for an MT. I had two AE buggies a few years back. I have also looked at many other MTs and read alot about their problems before I ever bought my truck. I am sorry you feel I am advertising and I am sorry that you are tired of me pushing Cen. When people ask for an idea of what trucks are good, I am going to answer. You do the same in almost every post. Also, parts are not hard to get, there are many websites and more and more hobby shops are carrying or can order parts for you. Since Cen is a small company, most shops wont carry their products because people wont buy them due to lack of aftermarket support. Cen does not need aftermarket support, their products are great out of the box.

And Casey, I will not argue your point. you just offered an opinion on two trucks you like. And you are right, I don't have experience with those trucks. So instead of making an ass out of myself, I am not going to badmouth something I do not know about.

Killuav, sorry that this has hijacked your post. I was just trying to offer another alternative to the trucks you where asking about. please forgive.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:45 AM
madmaniac

Get a mad force its a great truck.

Heres mine
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78110.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	95563   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19514.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	95564   Click image for larger version

Name:	In26007.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	95565   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uo34954.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	95566  
Old 01-30-2004, 01:58 AM
Killuav

hey, hey, hey

calm down guys, it's just a little post.i really appreciate ur guys' opinion, btw, i think CEN did a great job on the GENESIS .46, i'm so looking forward on that, probably i will choose either Mad Force and Genesis rite now. just depends on the price.

I can undestand why mecky is so into Cen, coz i'm a fanatic of Japanese Brand too, especially Kyosho, most likely all of my kits are by Kyosho, the v-one r, FW, mini-z, TF-3, TF-4......so i mostly prefer Kyosho when someone ask for recommendation on on-road car

The GIGANTIC of the Genesis quite attractive, but don't wanna betray Kyosho
Old 01-30-2004, 12:48 PM
azrctruck

Well Mecky33 I am a police officer and work full time protecting our streets from terrorists and drug dealers. I have been in this hobby for 3 years and now have a mgt, savage xcell and xter.prev own a tmaxx and gs. I was thinking of buying a cen vehicle and spoke to one of the guys who races them. He adv to stay away from them he adv that the spur gear strips very easily. They are great cars for the money but I think XTM offers you a lot of value for your money. There is a lot more out there than CEN. Why not share some of the problems you have had with your cen. We all know that no rc car is perfect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.