RCU Forums - View Single Post - GP DR-1 Fokker set up & sugestions?
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2004, 11:43 PM
WinterHawke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GP DR-1 Fokker set up & sugestions?

Bull-RCU

All of the color changes, with three exceptions, are done with Monokote on my DR1. This includes the striped stabilizer and subwing, the blue underwing and fuselage, the black triangle on the fuselage sides, as well as the blue fields, white clouds and the red heart.

The exceptions are that the cowling was masked and then painted black using Top Flite's Lustrekote to create the Voss-ish face - the cowlings natural white became the eyes, eyebrows and mustache. Should have been primered first, though, 'cause the black chips off under abuse (like noseovers and landing on it!).

The crosses on the wheels were also painted with Lustrekote.

The other exception is that the pig art on the port side of the fuselage is actually a decal made on my inkjet printer. It actually was done this way (rather than Monokote) as a test for a larger (and far more serious) decal used on my friend Doug Cox' Nieuport 28 (kicking mule). It turned out pretty good (better than the photo hacked by a local Walgreen's!) - I don't have a better picture yet of the pig, but here goes anyway.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40533.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	95548