RCU Forums - View Single Post - GP DR-1 Fokker set up & sugestions?
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2004, 12:22 AM
FHHuber
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GP DR-1 Fokker set up & sugestions?

On the throws.. I used TLAR, and never have needed to change any.

I have appx 2X the upward throw on the alerons as down, and still have 30% rudder mixed to counter adverse yaw. Watch that adverse yaw... its killer.

Appx 15 deg up and down on the elevator (TLAR... never measured it)
Appx 25 deg each way rudder.
Appx 12 deg down, 25 deg up aileron. The servo arm is offset on the servo for the differential... not computer mixed.

I plugged it that way when I assembled it... and never have changed a linkage except when I rebuilt the rudder. (and I put that right back the way it had been for throws)

I have had NO problems with my Monokote... I did seal all seams when I did the color shceme modificatin. Just sparayed a bit of clear gloss Lusterkote in the can cap... and brushed it over seans that were not getting sprayed in the color change. I did that for protection from the smoke oil... (TME smoke system in it.)

O.S. .91 FS II. I prefer to fly it with a 14X6... have a 14X4 on it now (hobby shop was out of the 14X6...I needed a prop. Been that way for 9 months) It will ALMOST hover. (Too top heavy.. it falls to the top every time, Even with full down.)

10 lbs on the nose with empty tanks.

corrected typo of engine size

The rudder breaking apart inside the covering can be excused... I flipped it hard a few times first.