RCU Forums - View Single Post - STARSHIP 2000, Help me make one please!
Old 02-02-2004, 12:20 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: STARSHIP 2000, Help me make one please!

ORIGINAL: Vampire

The angles stated by feihu are correct (on the full scale aircraft) 1 degree toe-OUT of each engine and -2 incidence of the thrust line in ref. to the !QUOT!waterline!QUOT!.

In my experience, the -2 degrees thrust line has a major influence on the flight characteristics of the Starship when power is applied and removed and works to keep the nose PLANTED on the runway making rotation very difficult during take-off and subsequently lengthening the T.O. distance.

I recommend that you use -.5 degrees down thrust.

The Canard incidence angle should be +5 degrees with the Canard swept AFT, and the Wing root +2 with a washout of -.5 degrees at the tip.

BE PREPARED for a fair amount of NOSE WEIGHT, you just CANNOT get around it on this design.
Kerry,
Is this the model I remember you flying at Top Gun several years ago? If so, it's sized for a pair of large Super Tigers isn't it? And, if I'm still on the right track, do you have plans or glass parts (or anything else) available for the model? I've been in love with this aircraft since the first time I saw pictures of the factory prototype. I also happen to have a pair of BGX's that I've had dreams of building a Starship for.

Thank you,
John