RCU Forums - View Single Post - pacific models gee bee-Y arf
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2002, 09:52 AM
Jimmy Bananas
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gee Bee Y

Well here is an update on mine....Ended up with a APC 17-6 on mine and it performs better..a little more speed and now it loops..Put 5 oz's of lead the nose...had a little accident coming in for a landing..stalled and hit the ground from about 2 ft..damage to main gear only.....broken landing blocks,wheel pants and wire landing gear broken and beyond repair..upon inspection of landing gear blocks,they are barely glued in..NO epoxy,it's that damn hot glue again..well a set of new landing blocks were made by a friend of mine ( Oak) they are glued in with EPOXY...repair is under way..should be completed as soon as my new landing gear wire gets here..have a new set of wheel pants...was going to install the sullivan 5 " wheels,but are too heavy..they weight 15.2 ozs..the wheels on the model now only weight 5.2 ozs...still toying with the idea....still think a 1.8 is the ticket for this bird....BTW, Andy forgot to mention..I poured about 1 1/2 ozs. of epoxy down inside on the firewall, and with a brush I spread it all over the firewall..it's solid now...no damage there during the crash...... well back to the work bench...cheers