RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito 90 Radial
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 05:45 PM
MILDBILL-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Saito 90 Radial

I'm using byron 15% 2 stroke fuel, I've tried 4 stroke 20%, a lot less smoke was made, (less oil), but idle wasnt improved enough to spend the extra money over the 15% i already had. These saito's have taken over a gallon of fuel to really break in fully. & I'm not sure if thats even enough. With a zinger 16-6, I was getting 9200 out of it when I peaked it out. I didnt feel like keeping it there so I richend it up to do about 8100 at full throttle. There pretty thirsty little darlings, so it shouldnt take long to get 1/2 a gallon through it. after that, I'd reset the valve clearance & as long as the high speed needle is set a little (400-500 rpm drop)on the rich side, & it will hold a decent idle, (so you wont have to go chasing the plane), I'd fly it. My waco is in the "sand till smooth, then fill in gaps & inperfection's, & sand some more" stage. so i dont mind running the engine on the bench this long. I would have flown it after the 1/2 gallon mark base'd on how well it was doing at that time, or stage of breaking in. "all the best" mildbill