RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spare Battery for Royal evo
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2004, 08:49 AM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spare Battery for Royal evo

ORIGINAL: FC26

darn it, i thought that you were up to something..... no reseller has them.. i already tried all this week.
Mike Mayberry has already stated recently that even though Hitec's policy is not to sell direct in order to support their distributors and resellers, they WILL sell accessories direct if what you want is not yet in general distribution. I take that to mean that if none of the resellers have it, you can contact Glen (Merritt? I think) direct at Hitec and they will take care of you.
No guarantees, of course, if they don't have any batteries themselves.

As far as your battery goes, I would take it out of the radio and put it on a cycler/charger and run it through a few times and make note of what you get for cycle discharge times (again, out of the radio). If your battery is showing cycle times of around 600 to 800mah (which is what it would if you only get 3 hours on-time with it), then it might just be a defective battery and you could probably just exchange it.

As you know, the synth radio pulls slightly higher current when transmitting than the crystal version. But I have a 12/synth myself and I've gotten between 6 and 7 hours on a charge so I really don't think buying a spare battery is the best answer in your case. You'd be much happier if you solve the mystery of why you only get 3 hours time and fix it instead.

Highflight