RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ultra Stick 40 broke motor mount
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2004, 11:58 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ultra Stick 40 broke motor mount

Yep, Dave Brown mount will do it for about $4.00. It's fiberglass, very strong and much lighter (stock one is 5 ounces). I just did mine due to all the reports I heard of them braking. You have to redrill the blind nuts. Plug the old ones with just epoxy or a dowl and epoxy. I just put pieces of masking tape on the inside, positioned the fuse with the nose pointing straight up and poured the epoxy into the holes. I made sure it was flat before it dried. I used a piece of long control rod and let the blind nut slide down it into the inside of the fuse on the new hole. Then I put my finger inside the hole in the firewall (from the outside) and held the blind nut in place while I threaded the new bolts into them. Then I tightened them to seat the new blind nut teeth into the firewall. After all four were done THEN I installed the engine mount. A little tricky to say the least. If you have a hatch on top of the nose of the fuse it would be much easier.

My C.G. moved back about 1/2" to 3/4" due to the 46FX being closer to the firewall and the mount being much lighter. And that's a good thing because the CG in the manual is probably conservative.

Joe